1. Never ever ski in the back country, or gladed terrain alone. Always ski in 3's minimum.
2. Check the weather and avalanche reports before you leave the door.
3. Check to make sure your avalanche transceiver has fresh batteries and spares.
4. Check to make sure avalanche probe and shovel are in working order.
5. Make sure you have a spare base layer set, protein bars, and water just in case.
6. Make sure you have a mirror or signal strobe.
7. 2 Marine flares for signally or starting a small fire.
8. LEAVE WORD WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY ON WHAT YOUR ROUTE IS AND WHEN YOU PLAN TO RETURN.
9. Make sure you know basic first aid.
10. Make sure cell phone is charged. It might be your only lifeline.
11. If your buddies don't have the gear then don't go.................
Copyright ..aspenskiandsnowreport.com All rights reserved.